Part-Time Lab Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Technology
Job no: 508927
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Lafayette, IN
Categories: Other, Student Workers
|General Description of Position:
|| Part-time, temporary position hired on an as-needed basis.
• Maintain a safe lab environment
• Prepare lab samples
• Assist students in the operation of equipment and lab activities
• Maintain equipment
Lab equipment includes: Rockwell hardness tester, specimen mounting press, orbital polisher, polariscope, tensile tester, microscope, furnace, oscilloscope, power supply, function generator, and chiller.
|| • Familiarity with physical tests and properties
• Familiarity with processes such as casting, heat treatment, forming, etc.
• Basic electrical knowledge
• Basic CAD knowledge (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Fusion 360
• Basic troubleshooting skills
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend