Community & Career Coordinator
Job no: 509108
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Sellersburg - Mid America Science Park, IN
|General Description of Position:
The Career Coaching and Employer Connections (CCEC) Community & Career Coordinator for Scott County is responsible for providing and coordinating services to meet the needs of students, campus, industry, non-profit organizations, and the general public. This position will work collaboratively with the Ivy Tech CCEC Executive Director, Career Coaches, Talent Connections Manager, Employer Consultants, as well as campus faculty and leadership to meet metrics and ensure services and products exceed customer and College expectations.
- Reinstitute program engagement:
- In high schools – spread awareness of workforce and employer opportunities; recruit for initiatives.
- In learning center – help residents, including students, complete trainings and requirements for workforce/employer opportunities.
- Support development of training, programs, and services for students, employers and community partner organizations.
- Reinstitute recruitment of students for local postsecondary institutions for Scott Co. talent pipeline
- Strategically convene and connect students and employers. and community.
- Work closely with the Business Office, Academic Affairs, Testing Center, Student Success and Student Services to ensure high-quality initiatives and future course offerings.
- Establish and cultivate strategic and impactful partnerships with employers and other key partners.
- Coordinate within Scott Co. to support economic development activities with education and workforce development initiatives.
- Assist in developing work and learn opportunities (apprenticeships, etc.) for students and employers.
- Serve as a community resource for talent development opportunities, especially for students.
- Collect and manage community engagement data related data.
- Collect information relevant to SIEA (Southern Indiana Education Alliance) monthly reports to be sent quarterly to the ITCC Systems Office grants team.
- Participate in training and professional development as needed.
- Must be willing to travel regionally.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. A minimum of three (3) years related experience in business, industry, training, or a related activity with financial acumen. Must possess an ability and a willingness to travel in the performance of assigned duties. Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend