Administrative/Faculty Support Assistant (School of Arts, Sciences and Education)
Job no: 509135
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Evansville, IN
|General Description of Position:
Provides primary administrative support to the School of Arts, Sciences and Education, and school faculty and staff.
The Administrative/Faculty Support Assistant provides administrative support to all school staff, faculty, and the School Dean including:
- Input and maintain course schedules on Banner; assist in course enrollment management.
- Support retention and advising activities, which include maintaining advising assignments & assisting in outreach to students.
- Order and track of classroom and office supplies through Banner/Ivy Markets.
- Assist Dean and Program Chairs in accessing, processing and distributing data for program and school administration using Microsoft Excel and Ivy Analytics.
- Engage in general communications including internal emails/memos to staff/faculty, answering telephone, answering student inquiries, coordination of appointments and contacts.
- Provide support for creating, processing and distributing digital forms.
- Maintain school and program administrative and academic documents on shared network drives.
- Maintain school office suite including printer/copier and other office equipment and associated supplies, as well as signage.
- Delegate work assignments to work study students or part-time staff as appropriate.
- Serve on committees and attend informational meetings as assigned.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may also be assigned.
||An Associate Degree in Office Administration or Computer Information Systems and at least one year of work experience with demonstrated typing ability of 60 wpm.
Demonstrates initiative, possesses excellent organizational skills, and ability to work independently and for multiple faculty. Possesses excellent customer service, good communication skills, is able to work well with others and maintain absolute confidentiality. Embraces continual improvement and professional development to keep up to date with current administrative processes, practice, and technology.
|Team Ivy Referral:
||At Ivy Tech Community College, we honor and appreciate diversity, equity, and belonging as essential elements of a highly-functioning society. We are working every day to build educational environments that respect and affirm the unique contributions of each individual, regardless of race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, disability, or political affiliation. We strive to put diversity, equity, and inclusion into practice by graduating culturally literate individuals who will make positive contributions to local communities, and through recruitment and retention of talented faculty and staff who reflect our great state of Indiana. All belong at Ivy Tech!
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend