Assistant Director of K-14 Initiatives (High School and Secondary Partnerships)
Job no: 509701
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Executive/Director/Management, Student Affairs/Student Services, Other
|General Description of Position:
In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, Recruitment, and K-14, the Assistant Director of K-14 Initiatives will oversee the application and qualification process for dual credit and dual enrollment students in preparation for enrollment in courses. This includes coordinating with counselors and dual credit teachers, visiting partner schools, and working directly with students through the initial assessment until qualification is met. This position will also develop, coordinate, and implement student success initiatives for dual enrollment students to ensure students excel in their courses by collaborating with college faculty, staff, and high school partners for the benefit of students in need of life and or academic skills assistance, monitor academic success and intervene when necessary, and communicate performance to schools and parents. Services to dual enrolled students include academic success guidance and planning, solution focused assistance, student group tracking, and management of students with academic and success challenges. This position reports to the Director of Admissions, Recruitment, and K-14 Initiatives.
- Sustain positive working relationships with internal and external audiences including academic leadership, teachers, and counselors.
- Coordinate with faculty regarding at-risk student needs and progress, including the monitoring of students in Ivy Advising as well as attendance reports.
- Communicate with counselors and/or parents regarding performance issues.
- Serve as the liaison for dual enrollment students to on-campus services such as tutoring and career development.
- Oversee the application and qualification of dual credit and dual enrollment students and coordinate and implement Knowledge Assessment at high schools.
- Assist in the coordination of and participation in new dual enrollment student on-campus orientations and other on-campus events.
- Manage several concurrent projects with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Ensure timelines and policies are adhered to for high school administrators, students, and teachers.
- Support and contribute to the Director’s, campus’s and College’s vision for K-14.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with minimum of 3-5 years in program development or K-14 preferred.
- Must be highly motivated and possess demonstrated planning, and organization skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make decisions.
- Interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle major projects simultaneously are required.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy and orientation toward creative uses of technology in the delivery of services for dual credit and dual enrolled students.
- Ability to administer and interpret assessment results required. Must possess a willingness and an ability to travel and occasionally work nights or weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
- Official college transcripts upon hire.
||Full-Time Benefits (To view benefits, click the link.)
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend