• Guide students in identifying their skills and interests and refer them to on- and off- campus work and learn positions that will help them further grow and develop employability and technical skills needed for career success.
- Post open positions on the job board and assist students in completing application process.
• Coach students on employment activities including resume writing, interviewing skills, job search strategies and networking best practices.
- Assist students in completing their Career Development Portfolio (CDP) using the Resource Tool Kit (RTK).
- Collaborate with Financial Aid and Career Center to identify employment opportunities and assist in coordinating signatures for site agreements to establish off campus sites.
• Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Record student employment activities (i.e. placement data, work and learn agreements, etc.) in the online job board.
- Develop marketing and communication campaign to promote work and learn opportunities, aimed at increasing number of positions as well as number of Career and Technical Education students participating each semester in the program.
• Prepare and maintain necessary forms, files and reports regarding off campus employment, and other related activities.
• Manage reports and tracking data to improve the processes and procedures needed to impact student retention and success.
• Utilize MS Office products, Appointment Manager, Banner, and other software to aid in assisting students.
• Work with hiring managers to get positions posted on online job board and develop marketing and outreach campaign to raise awareness of positions to drive applications.
- Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
• Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
• Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
• Design and facilitate workshops and classroom presentations aimed at increasing knowledge of and student engagement with work and learn opportunities.
• Provide team support in the planning and facilitation of large-scale events including networking sessions, employer panel discussions and career fairs.
- Develop and participate in various events to increase awareness about work and learn opportunities (i.e. employment fair)
• Collaborate with financial aid and human resources departments to track applicants participating in federal work study program through process as well as identify process improvements.
• Act as liaison with students, departments, and employers, developing ongoing partnerships to assist in growth of work and learn opportunities and placements.