Director of Marketing and Communications
Job no: 510207
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Executive/Director/Management
|General Description of Position:
||Works in partnership with the Vice Chancellor of Student Services in providing campus leadership in the functional areas of public information services and activities. This includes participation in maintaining sound working relationships with the media and participation in developing and implementing a plan for regional advertising, promotional materials, events and publications.
- Provide leadership in implementing regional media relations plans for the campus, including establishing and maintaining media contacts, disseminating news items and providing assistance and support on media-related issues.
- Develop and administer marketing/communication strategies around on-campus recruiting events to advance the college’s goals and statewide reputation. Manage statewide recruitment and marketing materials.
- Administer public relations and marketing budget. Assist with creating and supervising production of regional promotional, recruitment and development materials and publications – both print and electronic.
- Organize and coordinate special events and public functions for the campus as directed by supervisor; assist with commencement and other special ceremonies.
- Contribute to the college-wide integrated marketing plan and apply that plan to campus communications and marketing strategies and goals. Develop, implement and monitor campus marketing and communications efforts in conjunction with academic schools.
- Provide assistance to campus departments in promotional recruitment and development efforts. Create, edit and utilize video for departments, events and marketing campaigns. Write press releases, pitch stories ideas to local/national media outlets to enhance the college’s visibility.
- Manage and implement marketing strategies to engage students and faculty through regional social media platforms. Serve as point of contact for regional media outlets for campus closings.
- Monitor emerging industry trends to utilize best practices in advancing communication/marketing engagement and strategies.
- Work with campus administration, faculty and departments to identify, develop and expand regional markets. The above list of duties not to be construed as an exhaustive list.
- Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Liberal Arts or a related field.
- One to two years supervisory experience
- one to three years of experience in public relations, advertising or marketing.
- Ability and willingness to travel between campuses and within the local community as well as to Indianapolis for training and professional development opportunities
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees. Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Official college transcripts required upon hiring, and employment contingent on acceptable criminal background checks.
||Monday-Friday; some evenings and weekends as needed for campus events.
Participation at annual commencement is required.
||$50,000 - 54,000/year
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts required at date of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend