Assistant Director of External Events
Job no: 510443
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||The Coordinator of External Events serves as the main point of contact for external clients who are utilizing Ivy Tech - Central Indiana's event facilities. He/she will guide clients through the event planning process with regard to Ivy Tech's capabilities and will coordinate with involved internal departments and external vendors.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Schedule, coordinate and assist with special events hosted by external clients
Serve as the onsite point-of-contact during external events
* Coordinate with internal departments to schedule event-related activities
* Tour potential clients and detail facility capabilities
* Promote Ivy Tech facilities to area special event organizations
* Keep event records
* Assist with College-sponsored internal events as needed during peak times
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
||* Bachelor degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Event Management, Business Management or a related field.
* One to three years of related professional work experience in meeting and event planning
||* Industry Certifications
* Master degree
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend