* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
Recruitment and Outreach
* Coordinate and participate in on-campus visitation programs including scheduling and conducting campus tours, information sessions, and special events.
* Maintain library of materials for use in prospective student recruitment and enrollment.
* Meet with prospective students in both individual intake meetings and group information sessions.
* Provide information required for prospective students to successfully enter the college system, including but not limited to information regarding enrollment steps, majors, financial aid, career services, assessment, and credit transfer.
* Provide prospective students with referrals to appropriate college and/or community resources.
* Work with cross-section of co-workers from various departments to promote Ivy Tech programs and services.
* May be assigned to work with target populations such as Latino/Hispanic, adults, or African-America. Administration
* Report all recruitment and admissions activities to Director as required.
* Assist with processing of admissions documents, test scores, and transcripts for purposes of student admission and initial course placement.
* Understand and comply with college policies and procedures.
* Complete all necessary administrative documentation in a timely manner with 100% accuracy.
* Understand and use Banner, CRM, Microsoft Office products, Appointment Manager and internal electronic student sign-in system.
* Ability to communicate effectively via email, IM, and chat methods.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA.)