Adjunct Faculty - English (Warsaw)
Job no: 510847
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Warsaw, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
• Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction and meet faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM 7.1 for the specific area(s) of instruction. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A qualified faculty member in English meets the discipline standard through one of two routes:
1. Possesses an earned master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution in English, or
2. Possesses an earned master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution in any field with 18 graduate semester credit hours in English or courses related to the writing process.
ENGL 1XX Course Standard: A qualified faculty member teaching one hundred level ENGL courses meets the discipline standard or meets the course standard through all three of the following criteria:
1. Possesses an earned master’s or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in Secondary Education with a concentration in English, and
2. Completed 12 graduate semester credit hours in English or courses related to the writing process, and 3. Completed 12 undergraduate semester credit hours in English or courses related to the writing process at the 300- and 400- level
Transcript copies required at time of interview. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend