|General Description of Position:
||At the direction of the Chancellor Ivy Tech-Indianapolis, this position is part of the Indianapolis Marketing and Communications team.
The Director of Digital Marketing will take the lead in developing successful, long-term digital marketing strategies for our Indianapolis campus. They should possess in-depth marketing experience and a passion for digital technologies. They will work closely with different teams to ensure consistency through all digital marketing channels and with internal teams and agency partners to effectively and efficiently drive online conversions.
They are responsible for producing creative video, photography, social media, emails, and digital marketing strategy and content to engage the campus community, current and prospective students and their families, stakeholders across the service area, and the many audiences interested in the activities of Ivy Tech-Indianapolis.
The Director of Digital Marketing should provide forward-thinking ideas and will oversee the management of the Indianapolis campus’ website pages, social media (organic and paid), email campaigns, paid digital advertising, blogs, and events as they pertain to digital implementation.
• Develop an overall digital marketing strategy and see through the campaign(s) implementation
• Set digital marketing KPIs and monitor progress, ensuring digital marketing campaign and organizational objectives are met
• Ensure digital creative/media/vendors (digital marketing agencies, SEO vendors, analytics consultants, etc.) are best in class, deliver results, embrace innovation, and become a key partner relationship
• Keep a close eye on the competition, determine realistic benchmarks, and develop strategies to gain a competitive edge
• Create life-stage (lead generation, retention, etc.) programs and trigger/event-based marketing to engage prospects and students with desired content based on known behaviors and assumptions
• Use marketing automation and lead management/nurturing journeys to convert and manage current and potential students
• Communicate on a regular basis with all relevant stakeholders including sales & marketing teams and the IT department to ensure all digital efforts are fully synced up
• Plan and manage budget across all digital channels and platforms
• Track and measure the performance of all digital marketing channels and propose optimization initiatives to maximize marketing ROI
• Keep abreast of the latest digital trends and continued advancements in digital technologies and marketing best practices
• Constantly strive to discover and adopt emerging technologies, digital innovations, and new platforms and systems to optimize organizational productivity and effectiveness
• Utilize SEO and Google Analytics to analyze content performance and make improvements to increase traffic and conversion results.
• Responsible for regular use of marketing project management systems, such as Workzone.
• Interacts with clients and vendors, manages workflow (project set-up, daily schedule, deadlines, revisions, deliveries, proofing, spec, and template management), and assists team members as needed for select projects.
• Effectively communicates when scope creep of projects occurs, or when challenges/obstacles arise with a project or request.
• May represent marketing and communications at various meetings.
• This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Associate degree or bachelor’s degree required in marketing, advertising, communications, technology, or related field and three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Minimum five years of demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and measuring creative digital marketing campaigns that include web pages, email marketing, social media, video, digital advertising, etc.
• Demonstrated success leveraging emerging technologies to meet marketing communications goals
• Demonstrated experience managing content and marketing strategies on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or other prevailing social media platforms in higher education, business, or political industries
• Experience with social media management tools such as Hootsuite
• Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting digital metrics
• Experience navigating and complying with laws and statutes governing privacy, copyright, fair use, and other areas of intellectual property as it pertains to distributing content
• Superb verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of general editorial standards and Associated Press style
• Demonstrated success in using technology and digital tools to meet communications and project management goals
• Strong visual aesthetic and experience with multimedia storytelling
• Proficiency in using tools for composing mobile stories for digital storytelling, including smartphones, tablets, and associated apps
• Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting digital metrics to meet project goals
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire other communicators
• Ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills; and the ability to be a team player and work alongside colleagues and clients.