|General Description of Position:
||At the direction of the Chancellor Ivy Tech-Indianapolis, this position is part of the Indianapolis Marketing and Communications team.
The Director of Content Marketing is responsible for content planning, which includes research, content creation, curation, and planning. They must ensure that content conveys the brand voice and personality of the College (tailored to the Indianapolis campus) and delivers communication clearly and intuitively to key internal and external audiences. The director’s goal is to carry out initiatives that engage, create brand awareness, and in turn, generate new leads in accordance with Ivy Tech’s annual goals and the strategic marketing plan.
This position is responsible for making creative and editorial decisions based on a thorough understanding of how to effectively organize and prioritize content and marketing messages.
Our ideal candidate is not only a skilled storyteller but also a strategist who is able to interpret prospective students’ behavior and suggest creative ways to increase brand awareness. They will work with our highly collaborative marketing team to provide a consistent brand voice across all marketing activities and create genuine connections.
The position is also responsible for managing workflow, output, and timelines, and communicating effectively with team members in the delivery of campus-specific deliverables, including communication plans, digital and print products, website content, advertisements, and other marketing and communications deliverables.
||• Writes, edits, and proofreads high-quality content that is leveraged across a variety of media channels, including, but not limited to, internal communications, blogs, email, web, print promotional materials, advertising copy, video scripts, presentations, and press releases.
• Build and maintain editorial calendar, with collaboration from other Marketing and Communications team members.
• Responsible for quality and accuracy of messaging, including communication plans. Must have a strong understanding of communications from various efforts, vendors, and approaches.
• Utilize SEO and Google Analytics to analyze content performance and make improvements to increase traffic and conversion results.
• Works with team to research and develop campaign strategies.
• Project manager, in partnership with other team members.
• Ensures deadlines and timelines are met as it relates to the delivery of items and projects.
• Responsible for regular use of marketing project management systems, such as Workzone.
• Interacts with clients and vendors, manages workflow (project set-up, daily schedule, deadlines, revisions, deliveries, proofing, spec, and template management), and assists team members as needed for select projects.
• Effectively communicates with the Marketing and Communications team when scope creep of projects occurs, or when challenges/obstacles arise with a project or request.
• May represent marketing at various meetings.
• This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
||• Associate degree or bachelor’s degree required in English, marketing, communications, or related field and one to three years of relevant work experience.
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrates exemplary writing and reading comprehension skills.
• Demonstrates ability to transform client needs, bulleted lists, etc. into College content material to use for internal and external audiences.
• Must have strong editing and proofreading skills, including knowledge of general editorial standards and Associated Press style. Proven experience with marketing writing and editing.
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills; and the ability to be a team player and work alongside colleagues and clients.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to be self-motivated, deadline-driven, and extremely detail-oriented including the capability to readily adapt to changes in workflow.
• Demonstrates ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and in which every individual feels respected and valued.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience, broad interest in and understanding of higher education
Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Potential supervision of a part-time employee, freelance writers, and may have the opportunity to supervise interns.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants: