Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or employee advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support employee success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for an employee, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information.
* Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accurate information
* Handle incoming calls for the Express Enrollment Center and Tier 2 calls from the Student Success Call Center
* Provide in depth information about admissions, registration, financial aid, orientation, assessment, and business support
* Answer questions and help students complete online processes as needed.
* Escalate complex issues and questions to Specialists
* Make appropriate referrals to campus other departments and campus resources including but not limited to career services, advising, tutoring and academic departments
* Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Admissions Related Responsibilities
* Assist prospective students in applying to Ivy Tech
* Provide information to prospective students and refer them to Admissions specialist
* Collect contact information from potential students who inquire about the college and are not yet entered into the database or admitted Registrar Related Responsibilities
* Counsel and assist students with online registration process
* Process registration forms competed by Advisors
* Assist students with course drops and withdrawals, and provide information regarding choices and potential financial consequences
* Answer questions and assist students with DARS/u.achieve
Financial Aid Related Responsibilities
* Answer questions and assist with inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, loan program eligibility and requirements, standards of progress, state and federal awards, scholarships, work-study opportunities, veteran benefits, Pell lifetime eligibility, and questions regarding the financial implications of repeating coursework
Orientation Related Responsibilities
* Answer questions and assist students with processes related to online orientation
* Answer questions and assist students with scheduling face-to-face sessions
Assessment Related Responsibilities
* Answer questions and assist students with processes related to assessment test questions
* Answer questions and assist students with processes related to reviewing assessment test scores
* Make appropriate referrals to resources such as the Tutoring Center, study materials, Academic Advising, or Adult Basic Education
* Provide assistance and information about the assessment center
Business Support Related Responsibilities
* Answer inquiries related to 1098T, Bookstore accounts, fund disbursements, refunds and withdrawal refunds, Higher One, tuition and fees, payment options, accounts, collections, and bursar holds
* Print out bills for students
* Distribute parking tags, student ID cards and communicate the ticket appeal process
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).