Adjunct Faculty - American Sign Language
Job no: 511109
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty - Online Course, Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
- Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. *Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A qualified faculty member in American Sign Language meets both of the following criteria:
- Possesses an earned master’s or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, and
- One of the following:
- Holds certification in American Sign Language, or
- Has experience teaching American Sign Language.
||Previous experience teaching in zoom and using canvas.
Current opening for Tues and Thurs 6:00pm - 8:50pm (virtually)
||45.00 per contact hour
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend