Adjunct Faculty - Hospitality Administration
Job no: 511113
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Food Services, Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials.Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
• Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A qualified faculty member teaching laboratory course HOSP 102 and HOSP 103 meets both of the following criteria: Holds professional certification in the field, and Has two or more years of directly related work experience
A qualified faculty member teaching laboratory course HOSP 200, 210, 211, 213; meets both of the following criteria: Holds professional certification in the field, and Has five or more years of directly related work experience
||Aside from minimum qualifications instructors must be able to demonstrate skills/course objectives, clearly explain concepts and methods, answer questions, evaluate student products, and assign grades following rubric guidelines. Must also have Servsafe certification.
||Two days a week 5hours each for 10 hours per week. There are day and evening courses available
||$45.00 per contact hour
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Applicants will be asked to give a teaching demonstration to the search committee during the interview process. Details on length and topic will be given during the scheduling process. Applicants selected to move on will be required to shadow at least 2 lab classes before final selections are made.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend