Part Time Security Guard
Job no: 512146
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Valparaiso, IN
|General Description of Position:
||The Security Officer is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all persons who occupy College facilities. There are multiple vacancies at the Valparaiso Campus.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows. Investigates incidents and recommends specific action.
- Learn alarm and fire panel procedures, and location for all buildings; answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other person to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences, etc.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and evict violators from premises if necessary.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection. Monitor, inspect and adjust security systems, equipment and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Know and follow your work schedules.
- Follow key control procedures. Know which doors to unlock at their particular times. Perform daily duties as required.
- Learn water and gas shutoff areas. During special activities (political addresses, functions etc.) responsible for all parking control.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must have and exhibit diplomacy to deal with students, employees, and visitors.
- Exhibit high level of professionalism, police and investigative skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement college and departmental policies pertaining to security matters.
- You must have the ability and willingness to work together with co-workers.
- You must be willing to be certified in Automated External Defibrillator/ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (AED/CPR) Training.
- Computer literate, physically able to handle emergencies and/or persons involved in an incident.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable under the college authorized driver criteria.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
|| Two years in the police or security profession preferred.
Official transcripts may be required upon hiring, and employment contingent upon criminal background check.
||Morning, afternoon, and evening shifts available. Some Saturdays as needed. Approximately 25 hours per week
|Team Ivy Referral:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend