Job no: 512181
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Sellersburg, IN
|General Description of Position:
The Director administers the library program and provides overall leadership, coordination, and assessment of library learning commons for the campus and associated site(s). This includes student service, budgeting, employee management, instruction, and strategic planning. Sets clear vision for library learning commons that reflects the mission of both the learning commons and the College and leads college-wide efforts associated with digital and information literacy, access, and associated learning commons services. Proactively works with campus constituents to promote the use of the library learning commons.
- Applies professional knowledge and experience in coordinating library learning commons functions, activities, student services and planning for the campus.
- Works collaboratively with the Learning Commons Coordinator to promote an atmosphere of learning and student success.
- Actively promotes vital role of the library and learning commons in the fulfillment of the college mission to the administration and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Coordinates learning commons services to best suit the needs of the study body.
- Oversees the promotion and marketing of the learning commons.
- Actively collaborates with faculty for the integration of Information Literacy into the curriculum.
- Develops, implements, and assesses learning commons strategic goals.
- Hires, develops, and evaluates learning commons staff.
- Develops, justifies, and manages the library and learning commons budget.
- Oversees the selection, purchase, and evaluation of library collections, mostly e-resources.
- Ensure quality resources and spaces are available to students to support their learning.
- Leads planning and outcomes assessment efforts within the library and participates in other campus planning efforts.
- Provide individual student research consultations both in-person and online.
- Represents the library learning commons on appropriate academic and professional committees, boards, etc. at the campus, state, and national level.
- Serves as a member of the statewide Ivy Tech Library Services Council (LSC). Actively participates in meetings as a leader and/or team member on statewide library process teams if assigned.
- Collaborate with Educational Technology leadership to provide the library learning commons with appropriate computer technology, connectivity, and capacity to meet the needs of students and faculty. Provide direction for the integration of new technologies into services and operations of the library learning commons.
- Create an environment that encourages and recognizes creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas, and encourages input from others.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or Dean of Teaching, Learning, and Academic Support
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Full-time and/or part-time staff
- Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS), Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS), or Master’s Degree in information Management Systems (MIS) from an ALA accredited institution required.
- Must have knowledge of automated library systems and current technological developments/trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to think critically, reason, and make sound judgments on how responsibilities are completed in compliance with college standards and guidelines.
- Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees in which every individual feels respected and valued.
At least three year of administrative experience preferred.
||Starting salary: $55,000
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend