Adjunct Faculty - Medical Laboratory Technology
Job no: 501062
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
|| Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
PROGRAM OPERATION: Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes. Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements. Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook. Submits requested information within established timelines.
STUDENTS: Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance. Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues.
INSTRUCTION: Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s). Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate. In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair. Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
A qualified full time faculty member in medical laboratory technology meets all three of the following criteria:
1. Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in Medical Technology or allied health, and
2. Is an American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)cm or Medical Laboratory Scientist, registered Medical Technologist (MT), or a registered Medical Laboratory Technician;
3. Has two years of directly related work experience.
MEDL 101, 102, 200, 201, 205, 206, 214 and 217 Didactic and Lab Course Standard:
- A qualified adjunct or part-time faculty member teaching the didactic and lab course for MEDL 101, 102, 200, 201, 205, 206, 214 and 217 meets the course standard through one of two routes:
- Meets the Medical Laboratory Technology program standard; or
- Possesses an earned associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Medical Laboratory Technology; and
- Holds current American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)cm MLT, MT, or MLS; and
- Has at least three years of directly related work experience.
|| This position is for Fall 2020 and the hours are TBD.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend