Adjunct Faculty - Human Services
Job no: 501310
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
- Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes.
- Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements.
- Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook.
- Submits requested information within established timelines. STUDENTS: Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance.
- Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues.
- Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s).
- Use technology such as Canvas, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate.
- In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair.
- Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction, faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM Number 7.1 as applicable to the specific area of instruction.
A qualified faculty member in human services meets all three of the following criteria:
1) Possesses an earned master’s or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in a human services field
2) Completed academic preparation appropriate to the program; and
Has one of the following:
a) Professional certification or licensure in the field;
b) or Two years of directly post -master degree related work experience.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees. Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
||Prior experience teaching at a Community College, mental health clinical experience, knowledge of substance abuse and recovery, licensure as a Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC), Licensed Addition Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC)
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
||Day, evening and/or Saturday classes, ask hiring manager for hours.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend