Adjunct Faculty - Residential Electrician
Job no: 502368
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
• Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
***ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE IS DESIRED FROM ENTRY LEVEL TO ADVANCED
*** AN UNDERSTANDING OF INDIANA RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL CODE IS REQUIRED
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction and meet faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM 7.1 for the specific area(s) of instruction. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
School of Technology Course Standard:
A qualified adjunct faculty member, including Dual Credit, Corporate College and a fulltime faculty teaching outside their discipline, meets the technical course standard through one of four routes:
1. Meets the fulltime faculty discipline standard;
2. Possesses a Department of Labor, Bureau for Apprenticeship Training recognized journeyman’s card in the discipline directly related to credentials, certifications, and competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR), and in journeyman status for two years or more with experience that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR);
3. Possesses any specialized certifications or credentials required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, 5 years directly related work experience in the field that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR);
4. Possesses a current Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education appropriate to course objectives and directly linked to credentials, certifications, and competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR)
Classes for this position will be taught in-person/on-campus. A remote option is not offered for this position.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment
background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon
that outcome. Official transcripts required upon hiring.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend