1. To provide necessary educational support services for students at the Learning Center, including:
• Providing information regarding educational opportunities available in the Community Learning Center.
• Assisting students in contacting faculty and administrators at participating institutions for information about courses and programs.
• Helping students with the admission process.
• Aiding in the registration and enrollment process.
Aiding with basic financial aid assistance
• Proctoring tests.
• Instructing students in the use of various equipment and technology.
• Assistance with copying, faxing and mailing of tests, homework or other assignments.
2. To be available during scheduled class times, as jointly agreed with the Director of instructional sites and to have a fluctuating schedule from semester to semester, including evening hours.
3. To assure that classroom media equipment is on and functioning properly and is available for scheduled classes. Persons in this position may be required to attend equipment training sessions to become proficient and knowledgeable of equipment, and be willing to troubleshoot when necessary.
4. To collaborate with the full-time Director of Instructional Sites to develop appropriate services and support mechanisms to assist students in pursuing post-secondary courses and degrees, and to initiate other student activities; to be a student advocate.
5. To collaborate with the full-time Director of Instructional Sites in maintaining adequate records and to process and submit required reports in a timely fashion.
6. To be available for public informational broadcasts and/or teleconferences whenever possible for local agencies (i.e. media, health departments, law enforcement agencies, public schools, local government, etc.).
7. To keep up-to-date with the latest institutional marketing materials, and have those materials available in the Community Learning Center.