Provides vision, leadership, coaching and direction to all academic employees for the delivery and/or revision of quality academic programs.
Plans, organizes, and administers the academic programs and services in concert with the mission, purposes, resources, and facilities of the campus.
Coordinates and supervises the preparation of the schedule of classes and the assignment of qualified faculty for all academic offerings.
Assembles and maintains up-to-date documents pertaining to the academic services programs such as the credit course syllabi, faculty handbook, etc.
Collaborates with Workforce Alignment to meet the community skill gap needs through training and academic programming.
In collaboration with campus and systems level leadership, fosters relationships with K-12, workforce and other community partners.
Provides leadership in the recruitment, development, supervision, and evaluation of faculty and academic staff.
Collaborates with Student Support Services and Enrollment Services to ensure optimal student enrollment, advising, and retention. In addition, mandates that faculty collaborate in the same way.
Ensures compliance with college policies, procedures and requirements established by law, regulation, board policies, and administrative decisions.
Provides leadership and direction for accreditation self-studies, on-site visits, and maintaining accreditation of programs with external agencies.
Supervises the preparation and submission of required federal and state reports relating to the academic programs.
Provides leadership and direction for appropriate dual credit, transfer and articulation of programs with area secondary schools, colleges, and universities.
Develops requests for new academic programs and services aligned with the Workforce Alignment Quadrant Analysis and guidance from the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
Oversees program review process and submits appropriate reports as required.
Collaborates with all campus departments to meet the needs of the campus and College in the execution of the College mission and vision.
Serves on local and statewide committees associated with job functions, or representing the College as needed.
Participates in all Campus Academic Officers Council meetings.
Assists with development of new transfer agreements and maintenance of existing transfer agreements.
As a member of the Chancellor’s cabinet:
• Assures assessment of functional area needs, investigates and develops alternative strategies, establishes priorities and goals, recommends implementation activities, and evaluates progress.
• Oversees the development and administration of budgets for each functional area, and determines priorities for expenditures.
• Serving as a model for strong leadership, develops and supports the Campus culture of team collaboration and commitment to delivering high quality services and outcomes, by being student- and employee-centered.
• Builds and sustains a process-managed organization and culture that delivers measurable value for the organization targeting efficiency and cost optimization in functional areas.
• Collaborates with other cabinet members to implement the College strategic plan across the campus service area. Executes strategic initiatives and resource allocation at a local level to achieve college-wide and campus-level metrics.
• Creates and maintains an environment where planning, development, and delivery of services for students occur in a creative and effective manner that fosters cultural and global awareness.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.