|General Description of Position:
This position serves a unique dual role of Student Affairs Professional and Academic Advisor for the IVTCC – Anderson campus. Continual interactions with students along various avenues of the student life cycle will be required on a daily basis. Service will be provided to students through an adoption of a case management approach with assigned advising case load. Proprietorship in assisting students with resolution of educational issues required. Assistance with Admissions, Orientation, Assessment, Business Support, Registration, Financial Aid, and overall advising case management. A holistic approach of quality customer service to students and a team approach towards meeting the mission of the Anderson campus is required.
- Conducting all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Providing assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information which include: answering student questions relating to on-line processes. Providing in depth information regarding admissions, registration, financial aid, orientation, assessment and business office related topics. Escalating complex student issues as needed. Closing the gap for students in regards to referrals to other campus or department resources.
- Handle incoming calls for the Express Enrollment Center and Tier 3 SmartView ticket escalations from the Blackboard Answer Center.
- Answer questions and assist with inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, loan program eligibility and requirements, standards of progress, state and federal awards, scholarships, work-study opportunities, veteran benefits, PELL lifetime eligibility, and questions regarding the financial implications of repeating coursework.
- Answer inquiries related to 1098T, Bookstore accounts, fund disbursements, refunds and withdrawal refunds, Higher One, tuition and fees, payment options, accounts, collections, and bursar holds.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to student development and success through advocacy, positive attitude, adaptability, approachability, problem solving and overall support.
- Maintain current knowledge of institution’s academic programs, curriculum, practices and academic and student policies.
- Assists students in gaining a basic understanding of the College’s registration processes, including interpreting and understanding placement scores, program curricula and academic progress.
- Manage academic advising case load in a manner that promotes retention, persistence and student success through proactive interactions and interventions.
- Assist students in development of Individualized Academic Plan and the process of understanding and utilizing degree audits.
- Monitor student progress through regular meetings, communications, interventions, assessments, and data collection.
- Engage in behaviors that support the overall goals of the Anderson campus.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities that may arise within and/or outside of the College.
The above lists of duties is not an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Associate degree; bachelor’s preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good time management, administrative and organizational skills;
Must possess demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
Must not be in default on an education loan or in overpayment of a federal grant or loan;
Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees whereby every individual feels respected and valued.
Demonstrated leadership qualities preferred
Two years of direct experience in one or more of the following: registration, records, financial aid, admissions, advising, or higher education.
A genuine interest in working directly with students. Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management skills, and, as well as the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently in a fast-pace environment is required.
Microsoft Office Suite
Regular and predictable attendance
Valid driver's license