Job no: 506662
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|General Description of Position:
||This position provides administrative support for the Learning Center at the North Meridian Campus. Excellent computer and customer service skills are required
Greet all Learning Center visitors in a professional manner. Provide assistance to students in scheduling an appointment, or signing in for tutoring services in a clear and friendly manner. Answer phone and make appointments for students to meet with tutors. Ensure tutors and students have necessary supplies in each lab. Keep the lobby area clean and free of clutter.
Customer Service 100%
• Demonstrate strong customer service through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving skills, and a desire to support student success.
• Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
• Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student and get to the root cause of the problem, question, or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
• Work as a team member within the Learning Center to improve services to and retention of students.
• Collaborate with other staff to ensure continuity of services to students and to improve customer service.
• Greet all visitors to the Learning Center, identify the purpose of their visit, and ensure they are connected to the appropriate service.
• Answer phone in a professional manner and ensure the caller’s needs are met.
• Track supplies and needs in the math and English labs to ensure tutors and students have the supplies needed.
• Use computer to access student data and complete work assignments
The hours for this position are negotiable. The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) with one (1) year of relevant experience.
Experience in customer service and in serving a diverse population. Strong, effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team member are required.
Attention to detail and ability to accurately report and record data is vital to this position.
Must work on own initiative and have the ability to work independently. Considerable patience and diplomacy are necessary when dealing with difficult situations.
Computer knowledge sufficient to apply basic computer software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and ACCESS.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend