Adjunct Faculty - CNA & QMA
Job no: 506825
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty, Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials.
• Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
• Maintains safe, quality classrooms, laboratories and equipment.
• This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned.
All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
A qualified CNA program director meets all five of the following criteria:
1. Is a licensed Registered Nurse holding an unencumbered license in the state of Indiana, and
2. Has a minimum of two years licensed nursing experience, of which at least one year must be in the provision of long term care services, and
Ivy Tech can assist an applicant with the following criteria if necessary but special consideration will be given to applicants with the following training.
3. Completed application for approval as a program director on file at the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) with all required documentation, and
4. Approval by the ISDH Division of Long Term Care Training Section as a program director, and
5. One of the following:
● Completed the required state training session including adult learning theory or
● Holds a current Workplace Specialist License granted by the Indiana Department of Education in any Health Sciences.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction. Conducts all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views.
||$33.99 - $43.51 depending on highest level of education and certifications.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend