Adjunct Faculty - Computer Science
Job no: 507607
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty, Information Technology
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
- Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials.
- Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
- Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A qualified faculty member in Computer Science is one who:
1.Possesses an earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, engineering, mathematical sciences, information sciences, or a computer-related degree as appropriate to the course and/or specialty being taught.
2.Possesses a related or out-of-field master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with documented 18 graduate semester hours or equivalent of courses in a
computer, mathematical sciences, or engineering-related field as appropriate to the course and/or specialty being taught.
Be able and willing to teach virtually if face to face courses are required to go virtual due to COVID restrictions
||Day and evening courses available
||$33.99 - $43.51 based upon highest degree earned and current certifications
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Current opening is to teach Computer Science II, starting March 22, 2021.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend