Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
* Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
* Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
* Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
* Greet students and prospective students who access Student Services via in person or phone, respond to their inquiries, and direct them to appropriate services. Quickly determine needs by asking appropriate questions and answer questions in a positive manner. Help to determine students' next steps by knowledgeably handling situations or phone calls (i.e. collecting, synthesizing, and evaluating students' needs).
* Assist students with web applications to register for testing, orientations and on-line registration.
Administrative Support/ Information Management
* Use computer applications to assist with general admission and advising tasks such as processing and entering applications, checking matriculation records, updating and copying entry materials, typing forms and reports, etc.
* Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
The Part-time receptionist is expected to be able to process and respond quickly, efficiently and thoroughly to a large variety of information requests in a positive and personal manner. Must be able to effectively communicate and give directions and operate as a positive team member. Ability to work under stress during peak activity times and demonstrate considerable patience and diplomacy. Ability to handle difficult situations to reach positive solutions. Work on own initiative.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).