Shelby County Scholarship Program Coordinator
Job no: 507761
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Indianapolis - Shelbyville, IN
Categories: Student Affairs/Student Services
|General Description of Position:
The Advantage Shelby County Scholarship Program Coordinator reports to the Advantage Shelby County Director. The Coordinator will help establish relationships with a caseload of high school students and manage the Advantage Shelby County Scholarship recruitment to enrollment at Ivy Tech Community College in accordance with college guidelines, policies and the MOU agreement with the City of Shelbyville & Shelby County. The Coordinator will abide by all facets of the program and assist in monitoring and evaluating the program, including participating students, and community service partners. The Coordinator will increase the conversion rate of applicants. The Coordinator will work closely with the assigned high schools, high school guidance counselors, and high school seniors. The Coordinator will be proficient with Ivy Tech College processes related to Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Assessment, Business Support, and work effectively with Student Affairs Specialists to resolve escalated issues.
- Participate in all meetings including; student orientations, counselor meetings, mentorship training, and other events as determined by the Advantage Shelby County Director.
- Collaborate with K-12 partners in each Shelby County school, community services agencies and mentors to adhere to the timeline and requirements outlined in the Advantage Shelby County application and MOU.
- Assist with the recruitment of new students into the program, as well as supporting existing students.
- Utilize IvyConnect (CRM) to track efforts in the Ivy Tech application and conversion process.
- Coach students on the transitions from high school to Ivy Tech to work.
- Participate fully in all school activities targeted to students and parents logically associated with the Advantage Shelby County Scholarship deadlines and requirements, in addition to college process including freshman orientation, freshman student/parent nights, career days, FAFSA workshops for parents, and all other related programs
- Inform students of the Knowledge Assessment process to help identify student eligibility for dual credit classes and college-ready status when entering as a first-time, first-year Advantage Shelby County student..
- Work carefully with identified community service agencies to coordinate volunteer opportunities for program participants.
- Monitor and report on students’ community service.
- Utilize report and tracking data to develop and implement proactive activities to support program goals (i.e., student success and completion, student participation numbers, eligibility information, student progress by program)
- Prepare timely reports to internal and external stakeholders during the application process.
Monitor and report standards of academic progress for each student in the program utilizing the college’s student records system.
- Assist with managing and tracking mentor/student activities.
- Continue to improve the Advantage scholarship program by identifying best practices, creating efficiencies in the process and gathering feedback from stakeholders.
- Provides customer service to potential and current students.
- Attend meetings and conferences, participate in on-campus and off-campus activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registrar Related Responsibilities:
- Assist students with registration through schedule builder once students have met with an advisor.
- Assist students with class changes due to course cancelations and provide information regarding withdrawal and repeats regarding and potential financial consequences
Financial Aid Related Responsibilities:
- Answer questions and assist with inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, etc.
- Escalate issues to the Financial Aid office as needed.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- A bachelor's degree with one (1) to three (3) years related work experience OR an associate degree or industry-related certification along with three (3) to four (4) years related work experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students and external stakeholders.
- The position requires initiative and the ability to make decisions, as well as case management knowledge.
- Must be able to pass a background check and be able to work in a high school setting.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects required.
- Must possess excellent relationship-building skills including working successfully with diverse populations, including (but not limited to) college and school personnel, teachers and prospective students.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (phone, email, and written) and experience in public speaking. Proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams) is required; experience with a Customer Relationship Management tool is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings.
- Engage in behaviors that demonstrate a commitment to diversity and create an inclusive environment where all people are valued and supported
- Strong critical thinking skills to achieve efficient, professional solutions to problems, questions, or issues for various internal and external customers.
- Execute and complete projects independently and add ideas to enrich and enhance results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and solving problems while maintaining a high commitment to quality.
- Possess a strong work ethic, demonstrate a high commitment to quality and a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Strong technical skills with different software such as Excel, Google forms, Google docs and Google sheets; Microsoft Suite and or other word processor experience.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Advantage Shelby County Scholarship Alumni
- Shelby County resident
- Strong technical skills including; knowledge of marketing using social media platforms, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM/Salesforce), (this is a requirement
- Proficient in Banner, student tracking software/student information systems
- Experience in a student-focused, higher education environment is highly desired.
- Experience with software such as Schedule Builder, Ivy Advising/Starfish, Signal Vine, Ivy Analytics, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend