Dental Assisting Program Chair
Job no: 507766
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Anderson, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Perform faculty responsibilities as required. Manage all elements of the Dental Assisting program including related enrollment management and program management.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates related activities within the unit and with other academic and non-academic departments (Business/Bursar’s Office, Facilities, etc.).
• Leads, assists, and coordinates advisory committee development and functions.
• Develops and reviews curriculum and courses in adherence to statewide curriculum guidelines.
• Oversees the quality of the classroom, lab, equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
• Develops sufficient long and short-range plans for a successful program.
• Develops and follow budgetary guidelines for program.
• Determines admission/selection criteria
• Supervises and evaluates faculty.
• Conducts periodic program evaluation.
• Performs faculty responsibilities.
• Coordinates in cooperation with the Office of Student Affairs and the Marketing and
Communications with department appropriate activities for student recruitment.
• Develops secondary and post-secondary linkages.
• Oversees the development and implementation of course and clinical schedules that is conducive to student enrollment.
• Participates in job placement and alumni activities.
||A qualified faculty member teaching didactic courses in the Dental Assisting program meets all three of the following criteria:
1. Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution, and
2. Is a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or licensed dentist (DDS), and
3. Has two years of directly related work experience.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend