|General Description of Position:
Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to campus expectations of faculty performance and engagement.
Interviews will be held mid-June 2021. Anticipated start date is August 9, 2021
- Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
- Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
- Use Learning Management System (e.g. IvyLearn) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
- Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
- Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
- Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
- Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with campus expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
- Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
- Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
- Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure.
- Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
- Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college’s relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/school/college.
- Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and school.
- Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant-related projects.
- Support and engage with Workforce Alignment and Development (Ivy Tech Foundations).
- Attend commencement and participate as assigned by campus administration.
- Participate in college/campus-wide meetings and departmental/school/faculty meetings.
- Participate in career service and alumni activities.
- Support program/department chair in program management activities.
- Adhere to college and campus academic policies.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
| Minimum Qualifications:
A qualified faculty member in Business Administration meets the program standard through one of four routes:
- Possesses an earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in business administration, business education, public administration, management, marketing, or a business- administration-related field as appropriate to the program);
- Possesses an earned related or out-of-field master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with documented 18 post-secondary semester /27 quarter credit hours or equivalent of courses beyond the introductory principle(s) level in business administration, public administration, management, marketing, or a business-administration-related field as appropriate to the program; or
- Possesses an earned related or out-of-field master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with documentation in two or more of the following:
- In-field national, regional, or state professional certification (does not include teaching license or certificate) Three years of in-field professional employment in the industry (teaching in the area is not considered in-field professional employment).
- Documentation of research and publication in the field
- Documented relevant additional coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree, equivalent to 15 semester/22 quarter credit hours or equivalent subject matter coursework, CEU’s, vendor, or military training.
- Possesses an earned bachelor’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in business administration, public administration, management, marketing, or a business- administration-related field as appropriate to the program, with documentation in two or more of the following :
- Professional certification (national, regional or state) in business related field (does not to include a teaching license or certificate)
- Three years of in-field professional employment in business related field (teaching in the area is not considered in-field professional employment)
- Documented evidence of teaching excellence, including date of award
- Documentation of research and publication in the field
- Documented relevant additional coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree, equivalent to 18 semester hours or equivalent subject matter coursework, CEU’s, vendor, or military training.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Diversity: At Ivy Tech Community College we honor and appreciate the diversity of our students, employees, and community. Ivy Tech seeks to embody individuals who vary in terms of race, national/ethnic origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical and mental ability, socioeconomic status, religious preference, veteran status, and citizenship, in the service of learning.
Equity: Ivy Tech Community College seeks to create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access in hiring, compensating, promoting, providing services for, educating, and overall support.
Belonging: The active, intentional and ongoing engagement Ivy Tech Community College has with diversity – in its college community, in its curriculum, in its offices and workplace, and in the communities it serves. A sense of belonging refers to real and perceived social support on campus or in one’s department, a feeling or sensation of connectedness, and the experience of mattering or feeling cared about, accepted, respected, valued by, and important to the campus community, including peers, colleagues, faculty, and staff. Ivy Tech seeks to provide a sustained welcoming and protected environment for all people, regardless of their background and identity, as all belong at Ivy Tech.
||$40,000 to $42,000 for 9-month assignment
No waiting period to enroll in health benefits.
Employer contribution to retirement plan, 2 year waiting period.
Excellent benefits, including voluntary benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, spouse/child life insurance, fee remission, LTD, STD, Identity Guard, etc.
Paid time off: sick, faculty release days
Free tuition for employee and dependents.
Professional Development opportunities.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.