IT Support PT
Job no: 508066
Work type: Part Time Hourly
Location: Kokomo, IN
Categories: Information Technology
|General Description of Position:
||Under the direction of the IT Support Team Lead, the IT Support Part Time position will provide support of the daily activities of the local IT Support Team. The position participates in the diverse job tasks of the IT Support Team including but not limited to; support of general hardware and software, printers, projectors, document cameras, scanners, and related IT equipment; Assists staff, faculty, and students with the operation of classroom IT and instructional equipment. Conducts all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views.
• Provide technical and user support and guidance in a positive and cooperative manner, exhibiting friendly, professional appearance and demeanor at all times
• Process IT Helpdesk tickets to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner and within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and that the communication documented within tickets is complete and respectful; Responsible for actively reaching out to supervisor for questions or ticket escalation
• Process IT Helpdesk tickets to provide end-user support covering but not limited to issues covering desktop and laptop devices, printers, document cameras, scanners, projectors, network, wireless, VoIP
• Utilize additional forms of communication such as phone or face to face as needed when processing IT Helpdesk tickets in order to maintain excellent customer service
• Follow regular equipment cleaning and maintenance schedules, follow preventative measures as instructed to reduce downtime
• Assist in moving equipment as assigned
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
||High School diploma required.
||Associate Degree preferred. May substitute equivalent experience and or certifications for the degree.
• Must possess good customer service and organizational skills
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills and be able to provide service over the phone, through email or in person
• Must be proficient with current hardware and software technology
• Must be able to maintain professional relationships with peers and superiors
• Ability to use discretion and confidentiality with access to sensitive data and local administrative access to all desktop equipment and data in the environment for the purpose of support
• Must be dependable
• Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and lifting up to 30 pounds repeatedly
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed
• Must be willing to travel as necessary
• Experience in a higher education environment is desirable
||Twenty hours per week and schedule will be discussed during interview.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend