Adjunct Faculty - Hospitality
Job no: 508124
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Food Services, Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
• Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
• Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
• Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials.Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
• Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
• Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
• Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards. Conducts all activities with an appreciation, respect, and promotion of diversity of people, styles, and views.
A qualified faculty member teaching HOSP 111-Yeast Breads meets credentialing standards by having a current professional certification in the field AND has two or more years of directly related work experience. Also must be familiar with artisan bread production, and a thorough understanding of sourdough breads especially fermentation and timing. Familiarity with ancient and sprouted grains a plus.
A qualified faculty member teaching: HOSP 208-Cakes, Icings and Fillings and/or HOSP 230-Wedding Cakes meets credentialing standards by having a current professional certification in the field AND has Five or more years of directly related work experience. Also must have a thorough understanding of cake mixing methods and baking as well as decorating skills with a variety of icings, focusing on meringue based butter-cream's.
A qualified faculty member teaching: HOSP 209-Advanced Decorating and Candies and/or HOSP 232-Plated Desserts meets credentialing standards by having a current professional certification in the field AND has Five or more years of directly related work experience
||On campus in person courses. Days/times will be varied depending on course.
||Based on highest degree/certifications earned. Current range is between ($33.99-43.51 per contact hour)
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||When applying please indicate in your application materials what course(s) your applying to teach.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend