Experience with providing technical support in networking, computer hardware or software desired
• Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology
• One year of experience in allied health profession or simulation preferred
• Adaptability to work a flexible schedule determined by nursing and health simulation lab schedules
• Understand the use and operation of multiple simulator technologies, including high and mid fidelity manikins and task trainers
• Knowledge and ability to use medical equipment (IV pumps, monitors, oxygen delivery systems, etc.)
• Ability to set up and use video equipment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively with other faculty, staff, students, and vendors in a positive, helpful and cooperative working relationship
• Knowledge of operation of standard audio-visual equipment: projectors, microphones, portable screens, media players, etc.
• Mechanical skills to competently maintain and use equipment in the simulation center
• Organizational and time management skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, and follow through assignments to completion
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and ability to quickly learn new technology
• Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical person
• Physical ability to lift, move, maintain and set up computer, audio-visual and simulation lab equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance
• Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.