Financial Aid Advisor
Job no: 508458
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Anderson, IN
|General Description of Position:
This position is key to providing quality customer service by answering student and staff inquiries, providing accurate information, and assist with the flow of student information/records in a timely and efficient manner. The Financial Aid Advisor will instruct students and staff on Financial Aid policies and procedures to insure the best Financial Aid outcome. Working hours may vary and travel may be required
- Answer phones
- Answer Financial Aid tickets in Smartview and monitor the Muncie/New Castle Financial Aid email
- Perform data entry, word processing, faxing, mailing, copying and document imaging
- Filing and maintaining student financial aid records
- Process all agency forms
- Run, review, and process appropriate reports as required
- Advise students and other department staff with various financial aid questions and concerns
- Serve on Ivy Tech Foundation Scholarship committee and create awards in Banner
- Serve on SAP Appeals Committee, record outcomes, notify students
- Utilize various governmental websites (Scholartrack, CPS, COD, NSLDS) to research difficult student issues
- Handle tier 2 verification inquiries from Express Enrollment and upload documents to Global
- Review Program changes and updates to verify continuing Financial Aid eligibility
- Backup other Financial Aid staff as needed
The above listed functions require various degrees of independence, judgment and discretion and the ability to be mobile in the office and/or work areas.
Technical Certificate or one (1) year related experience.
Associate’s Degree and three (3) years related experience.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
Regular and predictable attendance
Must not be in default on an education loan or in overpayment of a federal grant or loan
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend