|General Description of Position:
Develop and expand relationships with school corporations to further the mission of the college and the campus through, initiatives and activities that support K-12 partnerships. Specifically, responsible for dual credit and dual enrollment agreements, implementation, and tracking; Early College Programs, and career pathway initiatives designed to support student credential completion. Work with Admissions, Financial Aid, Career Services, Academic Leadership and Faculty to coordinate respective initiatives and activities focused on high school students. Oversee high school recruitment and matriculation efforts.
- Support VCES & K14 Initiatives in efforts to identify, develop and strategically build school corporation partnerships to support the college goal of advancing post-secondary attainment through career and college pathways.
- Support VCES & K14 Initiatives in efforts to plan and coordinate visits with schools and deans or other faculty to facilitate awareness and relationships with the academic programs offered by Ivy Tech South Bend/Elkhart
- Support VCES & K-14 Initiatives in efforts to facilitate new dual credit and/or dual enrollment agreements, maintain current dual credit and/or dual enrollment agreements, manage student admission, prerequisite testing, registration, and academic advising.
- Responsible for overseeing high school recruitment efforts and meeting high school recruitment goals
- Communicate and educate high school partners (administrators, faculty, guidance counselors, and staff), high school students, and high school parents about dual credit/dual enrollment opportunities, including, but not limited to, the Indiana College Core, workforce certificates and/or other seamless pathways into Ivy Tech Community College
- Provide oversight for the application, course enrollment, and grade reporting process with high schools.
- Implement college policy and procedures related to secondary programs, including adherence to the accreditation standards of NACEP & HLC.
- Provide leadership for enrollment activities and advising services for high school dual credit and dual enrollment students.
- Consult with various offices at the College to standardize procedures.
- Consult with Deans and Academic Chairs to ensure dual credit teacher observations, syllabi, and credentials adhere to college policy.
- Collaborate with academic leadership to ensure high school dual credit teachers receive required annual professional development.
- Ensure academic progress of dual credit students is monitored on a regular basis.
- Work to develop dual credit and dual enrollment pathways to completion from certifications to Associate degrees.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications Department to develop promotional and informational pieces for students and parents and manage the distribution of these materials.
- Oversee database maintenance of faculty and teachers involved in dual credit and dual enrollment courses in order to track and report Secondary Initiative data.
- Prepare reports and evaluations of Secondary Initiative programs.
- Serve as a liaison between campus leadership and the K-14 staff at the system office.
- Become competent working with Ivy Tech data and support systems (Banner, IvyLearn, MyIvy, etc.).
- Participates in major campus events such as, but not limited to, Commencement, College 101 Nights, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One-year experience working in the K-14 academic setting and supervisory experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle major projects, simultaneously are required
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Must possess a willingness and ability to travel.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills are preferred.
No waiting period to enroll in benefits.
Employer contribution to retirement plan, 2 year waiting period.
Excellent benefits, including voluntary benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, spouse/child life insurance, fee remission, LTD, STD, Identity Guard, etc.
Paid time off: vacation and sick.
Paid holidays: 8 days plus winter break between December 25th and January 1st.
Free tuition for employee and dependents.
Professional Development opportunities.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Monday – Friday
Diversity: At Ivy Tech Community College we honor and appreciate the diversity of our students, employees, and community. Ivy Tech seeks to embody individuals who vary in terms of race, national/ethnic origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical and mental ability, socioeconomic status, religious preference, veteran status, and citizenship, in the service of learning.
Equity: Ivy Tech Community College seeks to create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access in hiring, compensating, promoting, providing services for, educating, and overall support.
Belonging: The active, intentional and ongoing engagement Ivy Tech Community College has with diversity – in its college community, in its curriculum, in its offices and workplace, and in the communities it serves. A sense of belonging refers to real and perceived social support on campus or in one’s department, a feeling or sensation of connectedness, and the experience of mattering or feeling cared about, accepted, respected, valued by, and important to the campus community, including peers, colleagues, faculty, and staff. Ivy Tech seeks to provide a sustained welcoming and protected environment for all people, regardless of their background and identity, as all belong at Ivy Tech.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.