Business Office Customer Service Clerk
Job no: 508738
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Kokomo, IN
|General Description of Position:
||Provides cashier service in the accounts receivable function for the Bursar/Business Office. Responsible for receiving and controlling cash receipts and all receipt documentation.
- Serves as the main contact with students, faculty and staff regarding bursar questions either in person, on the phone or e-mail.
- Responsible for all cashier duties including receiving payments and entering them into Ivy Tech’s online system.
- Responsible for reconciling daily cash drawer to Ivy Tech’s online system cashier report and correcting any discrepancies before closing out in Ivy Tech’s online system.
- Approves Student Computer Requests and maintains the notes in the Ivy Tech system.
- Process payments received in the mail and applies to student accounts accordingly in the Ivy Tech online system.
- Prepares cash receipt voucher and attaches appropriate documentation pursuant to college policies and procedures. Prepares bank deposit. Provides backup support for electronic bank transfers, maintenance of cash receipt log and reconciliation of monthly bank statement with cash log.
- Provides review of pre-collect and collection reporting. Collection agency and collection HUB contact.
- Maintains BankMobile relationships with both students and Ivy Tech by ensuring accurate records are sent between the two entities, refunds are handled properly and issues are resolved.
- Complete AX Exception report monthly.
- Provides backup assistance for: entering and performing compliance for orders in the Ivy Tech procurement system and travel system (ChromeRiver) while ensuring College fiscal policies are being adhered to.
Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
||Minimum of two years of course work at college level in accounting, or equivalent experience as an accounts receivable clerk with personal computer experience in an office environment is required. Must be flexible, able to maintain confidential information, and deal effectively with students and staff in a courteous manner.
||Associate Degree in accounting or business preferred.
||Mostly M - F, but may have extended hours at the beginning of each semester
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend