|General Description of Position:
The primary function of this position is to implement strategies designed to enhance the overall educational experience and involvement of students through the development of social, leadership, cultural, and holistic wellness programs. This position is responsible for coordinating the delivery of programming with the Campus Activities Board alongside Director of Student Life, Diversity, Equity & Belonging and works to enhance students' cognitive enrichment and social development from their point of entry through graduation.
This position will spend time working with multicultural programming, primarily in partnership with Director of Student Life, Diversity, Equity, & Belonging, student organizations and other groups on campus and in the community. This position will also oversee Recreational and Wellness programming such as, but not limited to group fitness classes, wellness education, health fairs, etc.
Customer Service Overriding Expectation:
• Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem-solving and desire to identify and support student success.
• Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in which all people are valued and supported.
• Go beyond the easiest or surface answer for a student, or an internal or external customer, and get to the root cause of the problem, question or issue to solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
• Serve as the co-advisor to the Campus Activities Board (CAB), including guiding the student officers and members with event planning and management, monitoring yearly and event budgets, and coordinating student-sponsored events with the college calendar.
• Co-advise CAB as the group plans events which promote the social, cultural, service, physical, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and vocational needs and interests of students.
• Seek out collaborations with existing groups such as the region's Diversity Committee, Senior Faculty Advisory Committee, etc. as well as academic areas to coordinate programs and activities on and off campus.
• In collaboration with Director, plan, execute & promote programing at South Bend & Elkhart locations, rotating weeks between each sight.
• Create measurable learning outcomes associated with campus programming and develop innovative methods to measure those outcomes.
• Coordinate campus events and activities which promote deep appreciation for the cultural needs and interests of students alongside Director of Student Life, Diversity, Equity & Belonging.
• Collaborate with student organizations to plan and facilitate cultural programs aimed at educating the campus community.
• Create measurable learning outcomes associated with multicultural programming and develop innovative methods to measure those outcomes.
Recreational and Wellness Programming
• Responsible for planning, marketing, and implementing recreational social activities including, but not limited to tournaments or open gyms featuring basketball, flag football, ultimate Frisbee, dodgeball, etc.
• Coordinate fitness classes on the campus.
• Responsible for planning, marketing, and implementing comprehensive wellness activities including, but not limited to programs addressing social physical, spiritual, occupational, intellectual, financial, environmental, and emotional health.
• Collaborate with campus partners (e.g.Pod7) and community partners to enhance wellness programs on campus.
• Facilitate health fairs, health education classes, smoking cessation programs, etc.
• Create measurable learning outcomes associated with recreational and wellness programming and create innovative methods to measure those outcomes.
*This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.*
No waiting period to enroll in benefits.
Employer contribution to retirement plan, 2 year waiting period.
Excellent benefits, including voluntary benefits: medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, spouse/child life insurance, fee remission, LTD, STD, Identity Guard, etc.
Paid time off: vacation and sick.
Paid holidays: 8 days plus winter break between December 25th and January 1st.
Free tuition for employee and dependents.
Professional Development opportunities.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Diversity: At Ivy Tech Community College we honor and appreciate the diversity of our students, employees, and community. Ivy Tech seeks to embody individuals who vary in terms of race, national/ethnic origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical and mental ability, socioeconomic status, religious preference, veteran status, and citizenship, in the service of learning.
Equity: Ivy Tech Community College seeks to create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access in hiring, compensating, promoting, providing services for, educating, and overall support.
Belonging: The active, intentional and ongoing engagement Ivy Tech Community College has with diversity – in its college community, in its curriculum, in its offices and workplace, and in the communities it serves. A sense of belonging refers to real and perceived social support on campus or in one’s department, a feeling or sensation of connectedness, and the experience of mattering or feeling cared about, accepted, respected, valued by, and important to the campus community, including peers, colleagues, faculty, and staff. Ivy Tech seeks to provide a sustained welcoming and protected environment for all people, regardless of their background and identity, as all belong at Ivy Tech.