|General Description of Position:
Support admissions, retention, and student success in the School of Nursing. These services include recruitment, School of Nursing admissions, new nursing student orientation, student success activities, program level advising, and compliance with campus and school policies and accreditation standards.
Develop and facilitate student success initiatives for nursing students.
Oversee nursing recruiting. Represent the School in recruiting events. Create, maintain, and distribute resources. Collaborate with staff, campus community, and healthcare partners regarding recruitment initiatives.
Serve as primary contact for campus offices regarding student advising and student service-related issues. Make recommendations to faculty committees and/or Dean for policy changes and implementation regarding advising, admissions, and student issues. This is a grant funded position.
Support admission, retention, and student success in the School of Nursing. These services include recruitment, School of Nursing admissions, new nursing student orientation, student success activities, program level advising, and compliance with campus and school policies and standards.
- Maintains most current knowledge of nursing program admission criteria, application process, and program handbook.
- Keep up to date on changes in general education and program requirements.
- Assign advisees to faculty and maintain records of faculty assignments.
- Serve on the Admission, Progression, and Graduation committee as an ad hoc member.
- Attend, develop, and facilitate professional development events related to student success and advising.
- Design, maintain and disseminate new/updated advising resources for students and faculty in collaboration with dean, including Advisor to Success worksheet.
- Maintain student records in compliance with campus and school policies and accreditation standards.
- Review document manager database and notify students and faculty of missing records or upcoming immunization renewals.
- Enters NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test results in SOATEST.
- Verify LPN licensure and MA certification for transition applicants upon renewal.
- Assist with survey compliance
- Review and update nursing survey distribution lists
- Assist with nursing survey completion
- Manage alumni contact lists (to support graduate surveys)
- Prepares Nursing Faculty Meeting Minutes.
- Oversees campus nursing Peer Mentor program.
- Maintains RN tutor schedule and posts in IvyLearn org and on campus bulletin boards.
- Develop and facilitate routine and ‘as needed’ student success workshops, programs, and initiatives.
- Direct students to wrap-around services as needed.
- Monitor results of success initiatives and provide recommendations to faculty committees and/or the Dean.
- Coordinate at-risk student programming and/or advising for nursing students.
- Provide student communication regarding success workshops and initiatives, such as Lunch and Learns and Chat with Faculty and campus-wide student life events.
- Maintains nursing student organization page in IvyLearn, including orientation quizzes, resources materials, and announcements in collaboration with Dean of Nursing and nursing faculty.
- Assists dean in preparing students for NCLEX application, background check, and testing.
- Prepare certificates of completion for dean signature and mailing to the state board of nursing.
- Schedules student appointments with nursing faculty and dean of nursing as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area healthcare facilities and institutions of higher learning to ensure continued success of all School of Nursing programs.
- Assist dean with development and maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements.
- Prepares Nursing Advisory Committee meeting invitations, communication, and minutes.
Nursing program recruiting
- Participate in campus-wide committees and initiatives as directed by the Dean as a liaison for the School.
- Act as a point of contact for the registrar, business office, financial aid, and others for the dissemination of information or issues that may arise.
- Work with faculty, professional staff, students, and external partners to effectively market the School’s programs and co-curricular events.
- Represent nursing programs at campus, college and community recruiting events.
- Create, maintain, and distribute recruiting resources.
- Requests website updates as needed from marketing.
Nursing admissions process
- Provide information regarding the admissions applications.
- Schedule and host synchronous nursing information sessions.
- Respond to calls, emails, and other communication regarding nursing admission.
- Meets with prospective students to discuss admission requirements and review prerequisite course completion.
- Provides most current information on how to schedule ATI TEAS testing.
- Collaborate with the Admission, Progression, and Graduation committee as appropriate.
- Arranges registration and orientation sessions including room reservations, orientation packet materials, and agendas in collaboration with Dean.
- Sends correspondence to admitted students regarding registration, orientation, and health record requirements.
- Respond to help desk tickets for online application system.
- Attend staff meetings, serve on committees, and represent the school at local and statewide events as appropriate.
- Collaborate with campus departments to facilitate student success resources. Disseminate information about available resources to nursing students.
- Collaborate with campus academic advisors.
General Responsibilities for Schools of Nursing
- Provides front desk coverage for Schools of Nursing.
- Place orders via IvyMarket system and enters travel preapproval and reimbursement requests in ChromeRiver.
- Assists faculty with campus room reservations as needed.
- Provides appropriate documentation to students for the criminal background check and drug screening process.
- Formats documents, teaching materials, and examinations for faculty when needed.
- Proctors computerized examinations for faculty when needed.
- Maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flows; implement policies and procedures set by Ivy Tech; establish and maintain professional relationships with all employees, students, and college contacts.
- Reads and understands forms for all programs in the department and provide proper forms electronically to students, verify completeness of form and accompanying materials. Maintain appropriate inventory of necessary digital forms, ensuring professional appearance of outgoing documents.
- Answers phone and direct calls to appropriate individuals and departments, make accurate appointments and activities on calendars. Determine priorities for providing information or referring to other staff members.
- Assists with records on office supplies and lab equipment. Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot office equipment.
- Attends pinning ceremony, commencement, and other nursing and/or college events as indicated.
- Prepares and enters course input and textbook selections each semester for nursing courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. One (1) year clerical experience. Two (2) years of experience in applicable student support role.
• Good keyboarding and computer skills; knowledge of various software packages required (such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, GoogleDocs)
• Excellent organizational, communication, human relations, and self-directed work skills within a team environment and ability to keep information confidential.
• Dependable, responsible, willingness to work and learn, and excellent human relations skills.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Medical terminology knowledge preferred.