Adjunct Faculty - Economics
Job no: 510021
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Lake County, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
||Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary, part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
- Perform all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes.
- Provide syllabus appropriate to course(s) being taught to students and follows syllabus content and requirements.
- Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy as outlined in the Adjunct Handbook.
- Submits requested information within established timelines.
- Is available to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions/provide assistance.
- Deal with student concerns and, if necessary, consult with program coordinator to resolve issues.
- Meet all scheduled classes of contracted course(s).
- Use technology such as Canvas, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate.
- In event of emergency absence, notifies program/department chair.
- Conduct all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote same as an integral part of one's work.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction and meet faculty credentials as outlined in the ASOM 7.1 for the specific area(s) of instruction
A qualified faculty member in economics meets the discipline standard through one of two routes:
Possesses an earned master's or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in any field with 18 graduate semester hours from one or a combination of the following disciplines: economics, finance.
- Possesses an earned master's or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in economics, or business administration or
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
- Morning, daytime and evening courses are available throughout the Lake County service area of Gary, Crown Point, and East Chicago.
- Lake County area instructors needed for the Fall 2022 semester and forward as enrollment warrants.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Attach cover letter with a statement of your teaching philosophy.
- Applicants should indicate in their cover letter if they are willing and able to consider evening and/or Saturday morning courses.
- Attach a resume or CV and three professional references.
- Attach unofficial transcripts.
- Official transcripts are required at the time of hire.
Advertised: US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend