Adjunct Faculty - Optometric Technology
Job no: 510242
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Bloomington, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General purpose and scope of the position:
||Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
||* Facilitates student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
* Makes optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
* Develops/maintains course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintains accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
* Engages with students in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and leads to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College, shows evidence of developing and implementing active classroom teaching strategies focused on engaging students with their learning (curricular).
* Interacts with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complies with College policies, campus guidelines and expectations.
* Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
A qualified adjunct or part-time faculty member in the Optometric Technology program meets the course standard through:
- Earned Associate’s degree or higher in Optometric Technology or related field,
- ABO-Certified, and
- Has at least 3 years of directly related work experience
||The course opening for the fall semester is OPTI 153: Ophthalmic Dispensing. It runs from Aug 22 - Dec 16th and it is an on campus course that meets on Fridays. Other courses available for spring with various days and times. Adjuncts average 4 hrs per week with students but can not do more than 12 hrs per week.
||$45.00 per contact hour. Contact hour is defined as time in front of students (virtually or in person).
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend