K-14 CTE Early College Advisor
Job no: 510765
Work type: Full Time Administrative
Location: Lake County, IN
Categories: Academic Advising/Academic Support, Administrative/Professional
|General Description of Position:
Support Early College High Schools (ECHS) in Northwest Indiana, by offering academic and student support services so students have a rigorous college-prep curriculum with the opportunity to earn up to two years of college credit while in high school. Primary goals of this position include ensuring all ECHS are following a specific plan toward completion of a Technical Certificate or Associate's Degree with the College by tracking student schedules and student progress. It also includes ensuring matriculation for students who do not complete a credential while in high school. Early College High Schools partnering with Ivy Tech Community College will receive a brood array of professional level support services by coordinating and executing support plans in the following areas: benchmarking/remediation, tutoring/supplemental instruction, high school faculty, parent support and college/career readiness.
- Track schedules to ensure students are taking appropriate coursework that lends to the completion of Ivy Tech credential.
- Track student progress weekly, communicate information to high school faculty/staff.
- Meet with students who are not persisting and communicate information to high school faculty/staff.
- Coordinate with the ECHS and Ivy Tech faculty/staff to provide tutoring or supplemental instruction for students who are not persisting.
- Assist in administering Knowledge Assessment to ensure students are meeting college-level benchmarks.
Coordinate with high school and Ivy Tech faculty/staff to provide remediation strategies to assist students in meeting college-level benchmarks.
- Meet with students to develop individual career plans.
- Coordinate parent workshops to assist families with admission applications, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Follow the specified matriculation plan for students who do not complete a credential in high school.
- Deliver on-site services promoting Early College programs at assigned high schools including, but not limited to, information sessions, admissions, assessment testing, advising, orientation sessions, registration, obtaining transcripts, and guidance with financial aid resources.
- Participate in Early College events at area high schools when related to Early College and dual credit, or as needed.
- Create and deliver training sessions and updates on various aspects of DualEnroll.com to partner schools and statewide K-14 staff.
- Serve as DualEnroll.com liaison for K-14 Systems Office leadership, DualEnroll staff, and Banner team administration to assist K-14 directors and staff in involving issues related to the DualEnroll.com platform.
- Develop tracking reports for a statewide K-14 audience for student GPA waiver spreadsheet, nonresident/resident alien student applications and other student account issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in DualEnroll.com platform on a local and statewide level.
- Update billing list with dual enrollment information including associated fees.
- Collaborate with other departments and System Office to assist in initiatives geared towards completion.
- Keep appropriate records. Maintain confidentiality of student records and data.
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education, public affairs, social services, or related field.
- Experience working in higher education and high school-age youth preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, implement, and evaluate program(s).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Good public relations skills and self-motivation required.
- Must possess required knowledge and skills of computers and related software applications for program planning and implementation, including record keeping.
- Must be able to administer and interpret assessment results.
- Must be able to travel throughout Northwest Indiana, mobile office environment.
Official college transcripts required upon hiring, and employment contingent on acceptable criminal background checks.
Day, evening, and/or Saturday classes, ask hiring manager for hours.
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume and 3 references (name, address, phone number and email).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Perkins Funded: This is a temporary grant funded position. Continued employment is not guaranteed beyond the end of the grant funding.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend