|General Description of Position:
Supports retention and student success in the School of Nursing. These services include, participating in new nursing student orientation, student success activities, assisting with program level academic advising, and compliance with campus and school policies and accreditation standards.
Develop and facilitate student success initiatives for program level nursing students.
Collaborate with staff, campus community, and healthcare partners regarding retention initiatives.
Serve as primary contact for campus offices regarding program level nursing student advising and student service related issues. Make recommendations to faculty committees and/or Dean for policy changes and implementation regarding advising and student issues. Participate as an ad hoc member of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee.
||Support retention, and student success in the School of Nursing. These services include recruitment, School of Nursing admissions, new nursing student orientation, student success activities, academic advising, and compliance with campus and school policies and standards.
• Maintains most current knowledge of nursing program policies and program handbook.
• Keep up to date on changes in general education and program requirements.
• Serve on the Admission, Progression, and Graduation committee as an ad hoc member.
• Attend, develop, and facilitate professional development events related to student success and advising.
• Design, maintain and disseminate new/updated advising resources for students and faculty in collaboration with dean, including Advisor to Success worksheet.
• Maintain student records in compliance with campus and school policies and accreditation standards.
Review document manager database and notify students and faculty of missing records or upcoming immunization renewals.
Verify LPN licensure and MA certification for transition applicants upon renewal.
• Assist with survey compliance
Review and update nursing survey distribution lists
Assist with nursing survey completion
Manage alumni contact lists (to support graduate surveys)
• Oversees campus nursing Peer Mentor and RN Mentor programs.
• Maintains faculty tutoring schedule and posts in IvyLearn org and on campus bulletin boards.
• Develops and facilitates routine and ‘as needed’ student success workshops, programs, and initiatives.
• Directs students to wrap-around services as needed.
• Monitors results of success initiatives and provide recommendations to faculty committees and/or the Dean.
• Coordinates at-risk student programming and/or advising for nursing students.
• Provide student communication regarding success workshops and initiatives, such as Lunch and Learns and Chat with Faculty and campus-wide student life events.
• Maintains nursing student organization page in IvyLearn, including orientation quizzes, resources materials, and announcements in collaboration with Dean of Nursing and nursing faculty.
• Facilitates the student advisory committee and student town halls.
• Review academic progress and, when needed, refer students to appropriate campus services.
• Advise and support students in developing success skills and acclimating to college.
• Use the college’s caseload management system/early alert platform to identify positive and vulnerable behavior, as well as other caseload management practices and tracking student interactions
• Participates in Nursing Advisory Committee meeting.
Nursing program activities
• Participate in campus-wide committees and initiatives as directed by the Dean as a liaison for the School.
• Act as a point of contact for the registrar, business office, financial aid, and others for the dissemination of information or issues that may arise.
• Work with faculty, professional staff, students, and external partners to effectively market the School’s programs and co-curricular events.
• Represent nursing programs at campus, college and community events.
Nursing progression activities
• Schedule and host synchronous nursing townhalls for program level students.
• Respond to calls, emails, and other communication regarding nursing progression.
• Meets with program level students to discussion progression requirements and review corequisite course completion.
• Collaborate with the Admission, Progression, and Graduation committee as appropriate.
• Arranges registration of program level students in collaboration with Dean and Department Chair.
• Sends correspondence to program level students regarding registration and health record requirements.
• Attend staff meetings as needed, serve on committees, and represent the school at local and statewide events as appropriate.
• Collaborate with campus departments to facilitate student success resources. Disseminate information about available resources to nursing students.
• Collaborate with campus academic advisors and Nursing Admission Specialist.
Leadership and Planning
• Participate in strategic initiatives to improve student outcomes and student services
• Develop and present lessons, talks or workshops on college success skills and motivation to various faculty, staff and student groups
• Participate in professional training and professional development
• Establish and maintain referral resources and relationships with external agencies and programs for additional support services for students.
• Educate faculty, staff, and students in crisis management.
• Communicate concerns and provide necessary support and materials for faculty, staff, and other service providers to assist in the identification and development of methods to assist students.
• Demonstrate a strong customer service and/or student advocacy through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and support student success.
• Ensure students are greeted in a positive and knowledgeable manner; reduce anxiety by creating a comfortable, welcoming environment; minimize referrals to other departments as much as possible.
• Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
General Responsibilities for Schools of Nursing
• Maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flows; implement policies and procedures set by Ivy Tech; establish and maintain professional relationships with all employees, students, and college contacts.
• Reads and understands forms for all programs in the department and provide proper forms electronically to students, verify completeness of form and accompanying materials. Maintain appropriate inventory of necessary digital forms, ensuring professional appearance of outgoing documents.
• Determine priorities for providing information or referring to other staff members or departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree required, Two (2) years of experience in applicable student support role.
• Good keyboarding and computer skills; knowledge of various software packages required (such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, GoogleDocs)
• Excellent management, organizational, communication (both written and oral), human relations, and self-directed work skills within a team environment and ability to keep information confidential.
• Dependable, responsible, willingness to work and learn.
• Knowledge of learning styles and study skills
• Sensitivity and empathy to students’ needs and cultural competency.
• Comfort with adapting to changing circumstances and creatively addressing challenges
• Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, Social Work, Counseling, Administration, Student Affairs, Psychology, Guidance, Education, or a related field preferred.