Job no: 511707
Work type: Full Time Administrative, Full Time Hourly
Location: Evansville, IN
|General Description of Position:
We are looking for a dedicated and Inventory Coordinator to join our facilities team. Your chief goal in this position will be to act as a liaison between facilities, department heads, site directors, and instructors at the main campus, Princeton Site, Tell City Site, and other locations where or equipment is used.
You will be responsible for maintaining the inventory process of all equipment, providing support for installation, troubleshooting, transferring and repairs. You will be responsible for maintaining inventory tracking systems and processes, auditing inventory and performing daily tasks related to inventory.
A successful Inventory Coordinator is a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities. The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data.
- Receive and check-in new equipment.
- Work closely with those scheduling credit and non-credit classes to ensure trainers are available for class use.
- Work closely with designated asset manager on tagging of inventoried equipment.
- Work with departments and instructors to create user guides for all equipment.
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies by conducting regular inventory adults.
- Keep an orderly digital file of lab equipment and assist with moving equipment as needed and maintain classroom visual equipment boards.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the equipment (Princeton, Tell City and Employer sites).
- Coordinate and receive quotes for repairs when needed.
- Coordinate with needed parties for inventory transfers.
- Send in all warranty cards.
- Verify all equipment is functioning properly on a regular basis
- Work closely with faculty on the equipment needs for their classes.
- Work closely with designated asset manager recycling and disposal of any (not just tagged) equipment.
- Manage and maintain all “Red Tag” areas to ensure that disposal is occurring in compliance with policy and in timely manner.
- Inform department head of any difficulty with suppliers, broken equipment, or major repair costs.
- Work with campus contacts to cultivate and maintain relationships with outside agencies specific to equipment inventory and maintenance needs.
- Follow current and improve Preventive Maintenance program on all lab equipment with regularly scheduled updates and checkouts.
- Maintain the equipment system to track all repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Write facilities and IT requests when needed.
- Sort and organize equipment before and after events and as needed.
- Prepare and present periodic reports on inventory operations to stakeholders.
- Manage other duties as needed specific to inventory and equipment maintenance.
- Associate Degree in Facilities Management, Logistics, Inventory Control, or another related field. Previous relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- Proficient with inventory management software and systems.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and problem – solving skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- $32,800 - 40,000 per year
Full-time, benefits eligible position.
- Excellent benefit offerings, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, spouse/child life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability.
- No waiting period to enroll in benefits.
- Employer contribution of 10% to retirement plan with no waiting period.
- Paid time off: vacation, sick time, holidays, winter break between December 25th and January 1st, and more. Up to 47 paid days off per year.
- Free Ivy Tech tuition for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Opportunities for Professional Development.
For more information on Ivy Tech Benefits visit https://careers.ivytech.edu/benefits.
- Diversity: At Ivy Tech Community College we honor and appreciate the diversity of our students, employees, and community.
- Equity: Ivy Tech Community College seeks to create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access in hiring, compensating, promoting, providing services for, educating, and overall support.
- Belonging: Ivy Tech seeks to provide a sustained welcoming and protected environment for all people, regardless of their background and identity, as all belong at Ivy Tech.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend