HVAC Adjunct Faculty
Job no: 511713
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Evansville, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
|General Description of Position:
The HVAC Adjunct Faculty is an instructor who teaches students about the installation and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
Adjunct Faculty positions are part-time positions hired each semester on an as-needed basis. The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided by the School.
HVAC ADJUNCT FACULTY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading instruction on specific skills and knowledge related to HVAC work.
- Demonstrating the proper and safe use of tools and equipment.
ALL ADJUNCT FACULTY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Performing all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned classes.
- Providing syllabus appropriate to courses and follow syllabus content and requirements.
- Maintaining student attendance and grading records according to College policy.
- Submitting requested information within established timelines.
- Providing assistance to students outside scheduled class time to answer questions.
- Dealing with student concerns and, if necessary, consulting with program coordinator to resolve issues.
- Meet all scheduled classes of contracted courses.
- Use technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, etc. as appropriate.
- At least 3 years, experience working full-time in HVAC installation/repair or related field.
- Communication skills including explaining complex systems.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to the HVAC field. A qualified faculty member must possess one or more of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in technology, engineering, or other directly related to the program’s discipline, and any specialized certifications required for the class being taught or
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, and any specialized certifications required for the class being taught and 5 years of directly elated work experience or
- An associate or higher degree, directly related to the program’s discipline and any specialized certifications required for the class being taught and 3 years of directly related work experience.
- Previous experience providing instruction in a formal setting.
- $44.00 per contact hour (approximately $2,112 per 8-week course)
Adjunct Faculty may qualify for benefits including:
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- 403(b) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Ivy Tech tuition for employee, spouse and dependents (after 2 semesters of employment).
- Diversity: At Ivy Tech Community College we honor and appreciate the diversity of our students, employees, and community.
- Equity: Ivy Tech Community College seeks to create opportunities for historically underrepresented populations to have equal access in hiring, compensating, promoting, providing services for, educating, and overall support.
- Belonging: Ivy Tech seeks to provide a sustained welcoming and protected environment for all people, regardless of their background and identity, as all belong at Ivy Tech.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend