FT-Testing Center Proctor
Job no: 511872
Work type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Hamilton County, IN
Categories: Academic Advising/Academic Support, Administrative/Professional, Other
|General Description of Position:
This position is responsible for the administration and documentation of certifications/assessments and will work closely with the Testing Center Manager to maintain currency (certified proctor) in skills and procedures.
• Utilize Testing Services statewide scheduling system (CASS) as single source for appointments: Make appointments, approve appointments, update appointments
• Maintain exam security, academic integrity and candidate confidentiality according to ASOM 4.7 and Testing Services Procedure Guide
• Deliver all exams according to vendor and/or operational procedures
• When testing is occurring, ensure no other activities are taking place in the same space
• Proctor tests administered at the location by using specified active monitoring techniques
• Provide limited software and hardware troubleshooting, contacting internal Tech Support or vendor tech support when needed
• Consult with Testing Center Manager to co-develop testing schedule at the site, which includes exams & hours of operations
• Consult with Testing Center Manager to resolve testing issues
• Defer to Campus Testing Center Manager for decisions related to what exams will be given at location
• Develop a thorough knowledge of testing center exams, materials, activities, policies, and procedures
• Provide exam accommodations as instructed
• Promote and demonstrate a professional dress and demeanor at all times
• Keep the testing environment clean and looking professional
• Provide high level customer service. Respond to customer queries in a timely fashion
• Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
• Attend statewide proctor training
• Follow FERPA and other vendor confidentiality guidelines
• Be familiar with Testing Center resources
• Engage with peers through Microsoft TEAMS and other communication methods
• Coordinate storage of candidate belongings and method of candidate monitoring according to Campus Manager direction
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
Testing Center Manager.
• High school diploma required
• Working knowledge of computers is essential – excellent word processing and spreadsheet computing skills are required.
• Must exhibit excellent interpersonal communication, telephone, confidentiality, and customer service skills.
• Flexibility and the ability to multitask
• Constant sitting, standing and walking within the office area.
• Infrequent lifting and bending.
• Requires the ability to interpret and understand complex assessment instructions, to use problem solving techniques as they arise and reason to make decisions.
• Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees, and in which every individual feels respected and valued.
Associates Degree is preferred for this position, but not required.
Due to access of testing materials, current Ivy Tech Community College students may not be considered for the position.
Typical hours will be Monday through Friday between 8AM and 5PM, but some evenings and weekends may occasionally be required during peak times to meet the needs of the center.
FT Benefits Link
|Team Ivy Referral:
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend