|General Description of Position:
||A Enrollment Specialist must be proficient with processes related to Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Orientation, Assessment, Business Support, and work effectively & efficiently to resolve escalated issues. Must have in-depth knowledge regarding various areas of the College. Provide knowledge to students about the functions listed above and effectively enroll and transition students into the Ivy Tech community.
- Provide assistance to prospective, applied, and current students covering a wide range of detailed information.
- Handle incoming calls for the Enrollment Center and ticket escalations from Canvas.
- Assist students in completing online processes including admissions applications and online orientation, including helping them access information in MyIvy, IvyLearn, and other online platforms.
- Answer Tier 1 financial aid questions including but not limited to, inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, loan program eligibility and requirements, standards of progress, state and federal awards, scholarships, work-study opportunities. Make appropriate referrals to the Financial Aid Office when necessary.
- Answer questions and assist with inquiries and completion of items related to the application for financial aid (FAFSA), verification, loan program eligibility and requirements, standards of progress, state and federal awards, scholarships, work-study opportunities, veteran benefits, Pell lifetime eligibility, and questions regarding the financial implications of repeating coursework.
- Answer questions and assist with processes related to assessment test questions and/or reviewing assessment test scores.
- Answer inquiries related to 1098T, Bookstore accounts, fund disbursements, refunds and withdrawal refunds, Higher One, tuition and fees, payment options, accounts, collections, and bursar holds.
- Escalate complex issues and questions to subject matter experts.
- Make appropriate referrals to other campus departments and campus resources including, but not limited to: Career Services, Workforce Alignment, Advising, Tutoring, and Academics.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.